Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Homage to Ben Kanute - the Coteau experience

Race report!
-Coteau, the worlds qualifier, came third! gahgrrrr ufff. In order to make the team you had to be the first or second man through. I was the first man after the swim? I was the 2nd man after the bike? but placed behind 2 great athlete's by the name of Matt Sharpe and Alexander Hinton in the end: see results. where did i lack the winning edge? the run! what contributed to the dulling of that edge? the ride. What a ride it was. Within a race there are always unexpected variables that play into the flow of a race. This time it was finding myself lacking my expected comrades on the bike and with one other guy by the name of Ben Kanute from the U-S-of-A. He set the pace and set it fast heading out of the water. We gapped the chase pack by 40 secs at one point, not without a significant amount of work though. Lots of respect to his riding.
I ran after him out of T2 and by the end of the run was chasing Matt and Alex, but to no avail. With a 32 second gap on my roomate/teamate Marc Christin in fourth I cruised in without any chance of running the leaders down after working 3 times harder on the bike than i ever had. At least it felt like that at the time haha
So now it's onto saskatoon on the 11th. Should be a good race and this time with a better result and a faster run time. Looking forward to showing I'm the guy for the 3rd spot at worlds.
peace out
Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment