Sunday, July 11, 2010

no excuses

Race today in saskatoon. Second of the Jr. series and a significant race to demonstrate fitness and ability for the remaining worlds position. It wasn't my race today and I placed 4th. This was a disappointment for me but there are always those races. Training up to the race was going as it should and it ultimately came down to me not having it in me today. Right from the start I felt weak and my swim seemed as though I was going on half a tank. Instead of leading I was sloppy and slow. The ride didn't feel fast but regardless the legs didn't have that power I'm used to. Aerobically I was coasting but was otherwise drained. This carried over to the run where I felt I was empty. Frustrating for me considering how training was feeling in the week prior, but a good learning experience to be humbled by. Can't always have the performance your ready for and for me it's just another chip at the block. Looking forward to putting it all together for Magog and demonstrating my real ability and potential. Congratulations to Matt for the dub, Marc for a strong second, and Joel for a solid third, wish I could have been there today to present more of a challenge. Great race to watch on the girls side, and congrats to everyone there (christine, gabby, and ali especially)

c.

No comments:

Post a Comment