Sunday, April 4, 2010

First Real Post - My life.. and hello, kinda

So after a short bout of contemplation I decided to join the masses and become a blogger. This decision was spurred mostly by my curiosity of knowing whether people ( besides my mother <3 ) would like to hear about the life and times of Cole Stewart. So if you do know me then feel free to follow what ensues, live a little vicariously, enjoy my banter (if I feel obligated enough to post it) and know all of what I'm liberal enough to relinquish. If you don't happen to know me then read on and hopefully it will serve as a close second.

I've never had to give a synopsis of any kind on my life but since I'm feeling like I should, given the blog does pertain to me... here goes nothing ( no judgment of quality or quantity okay! )

-Born in Richmond BC on February 24th, 1991. I was a fat baby apparently and belonged (still do) to one Trish Griffith-Stewart and one Wes Stewart
- Grew up in Langley BC. Solid place to do it. Had a rather awesome childhood i could say. Lived in a good neighbourhood, with a lot at my disposal.
- My parents were gracious enough to introduce me to a variety a sports ( frowned upon the one by brother and I did a fair bit of (fighting) which oddly enough he does a fair bit of (competitively of course)). The competitive nature was either bred into us or a learned behaviour, not to sure but it's something I can say is a part of me
- At a young age of 12, I was confronted with the decision of whether to play rep soccer or swim with the swim in the National group (gold group i think it was called at the time) of the Langley Olympians Swim Club. After being well immersed in both of these ( don't quite remember how all that was juggled together, it was a good thing my bro played up a year on the same team that father coached or else our busy schedule could have altered the space time continuum, but i digress) I chose to SWIM!. just keep swimming just keep swimming.
- Many trials and tribulations took place after that but i'll jump to the next bit. TRIATHLON! it all started when.. um.. don't remember what race it was exactly but, pretty much my parents had gotten into the great sport of triathlon through a family friend (and adopted grandparent, phenom triathlete and enthusiastic philanthropist so to speak) Brian Parkinson. I had always done the kids races and I ended up going to BC summer games, after that i could say it was my official switch to triathlon. A book could be filled with bits and bites relevant to me becoming a triathlete but along with the help and support of many, i made the transition (get it!) into triathlon.
- Went through high school (Walnut Grove Secondary School) and kept up with the cross country (Sparks your amazing) and track (you too Lutes). Dabbled in the Science and Art programs at WGSS.
- Then I moved on and moved out to Victoria (UVIC precisely) to try and earn some credits and figure out a few things about life all while training with the National Triathlon Centre (NTC)..

So that's that and feel free to follow and find out what's going on regarding the last point from the eyes of Cole.

Cheers
Cole Stewart
-

No comments:

Post a Comment