Thursday, April 22, 2010

On route to Ixtapa

Though I'd through down a quick post regarding training, racing, recovery and other things that concerning my life.
Training - both good and bad in this department. I've had a longstanding bout of soreness and fatigue it seems like since the week following the Tucson training camp. It occurred to me that this coincided with no longer using protein power in my daily regime. The decision to stop using it was an attempt to drop weight in the upper body that would hopefully result in faster running. After this and a rather painful attempt at the "sacred heart diet" which was of no avail in the long run, I came to the realization that my morphology is what it is. So my new approach to running fast is to.. uuuhhh, run! Training since going back to the old practice is picking back up and i'm putting a lot more focus on the recovery..
Recovery - consists of the reintroduction of massage, chiro and stretching, which with the lifestyle changes of moving over to victoria had been thrown out the window with my previous routine. Keep It Simple Stupid, gonna stick with what works, workin hard, working smart and lots of pampering the machine.
School - wrapping up with my last exam on the 24th, will be glad to put that behind me and have nothing else to worry about besides training.
Moving - I will be moving on the 29th from the university (and all it's frustrating life lessons) to an awesome new 3 brdm place with Alison Hooper and Marc-ie marc Christin. Only 400m or so from the pool and with all the summery goodness fast approaching I truly can't wait to get going on what the future has in store.
Racing - 30days till Ixtapa, just thinking it gets me all fired up while my stomach churns at the same time. So stoked to lay down the hammer and start an awesome season. Ready to ride my new chariot (Cyfac) along with my team-mates/friends and show some real Canadian dominance.



a good friend of mine once said..
Let the past go but don't forget,
Make the future, don't wait for it,
and make choices now,
Because the present is you only option..

Peace

1 comment: